Tuesday, April 28, 2009
There are 2 things that have me sort of "Out To Lunch" as far as posting recently.
1) I have become increasingly disillusioned with Etsy and am thinking of simply getting my own site with shopping cart and all. This is taking up a ton of my online time with research and the like. A domain can be expensive, and I need to tighten up, but Etsy is just not doing it. Too many people, too much politics.
2) It's spring here, ish, and for those of you that know me, you know it's garden time. As my garden actually consists of pots on the porch, it can be both more and less work than a yard garden. (Fewer critters and weeds, more watering and trimming.) As a side note, the blueberries, raspberries and daylilies all came back, and I got (deep breath) peas, chili peppers, tomatoes, sage, garlic, basil, rosemary, lemon thyme, strawberries, peppermint and 4 (or 5) varieties of lettuce all potted and ready to feed us!!! Next up are corn, carrots, bell peppers, possibly pumpkins, pickles and brussles sprouts (if the cabbage worms don't come for the lettuce this year). I have no high hopes for our grapes tho....they may be goners.
SO...the crux of this little note is thus....I WILL still be posting my favourite things once in a while, and when I have the time to 'interview' people I'll still be doing the favourite people posts. But neither of these will be on a monthly schedule. Not for a few months anyway. We'll see what deep summer brings this year. But I plan on a lot of otside time this summer, so bear with me.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
Steven Sandler, another of my RedBubble friends took some terrifying shots of the fires approaching his home. You can see them HERE at his site. Click the 'browse art' link to see the other pictures. AND there is a website set up for donations and aid HERE .
Saturday, February 7, 2009
BUT it is time once again for another cool and amazing contest from my lovely and awsome SITS sisters! (seriously, go visit them! TOO cool!)
Here is the link to check it out. http://www.thesitsgirls.com/2009/02/february-giveaway-bedroom-bliss.html?commentPage=2
500 thread count sheets my friend! + new pillows, + linen spray and candles + a Target card.....so much swag any Pirate would be proud! (AND sleep better!)
S opop on by and check out the contest AND the SITS site. Swing by some of the other SITS sister sites, and PLEASE!!!! leave a comment whereever you see the cool SITS logo button! It's what SITS is all about!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Some families feel the need to have a matched set or pattern to their dishware...not me. I figure, if I get only a couple of pieces from each magnificant potter I find, I not only have a really beautiful array of different glazes and textures, but if hubby or I DO manage to break a piece there's no running around like a mad person trying to replace it.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
The main blog is SITS, and their mission is one we can all get behind. If you like a blog you've read...COMMENT!!!!
They call themselves a 'blog support system' but I think they are more of a self esteem support system!!!
And right now they are running an AMAZING contest....you can win the COOLEST brewing system out there! Coffee, tea, chai, even hot cocoa!!!! It does everything, and it's awesome, and you can win one!!!!
You MUST check this out!!!
Here's the loooong link to the contest, but check out the blog home too! COOL folks!!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Liz was kind enough to subject herself to my 10 questions, and gave me the go ahead to post some of her fantastic Etsy wares here for all my friends and fans to oggle! (oogle?)
So here we go:
1) What inspires you most? Anime, my own nerdy ways, role-playing, and sometimes conversations with friends.
2) Is there a craft or art form you don't already do that you would love to learn? Tons! I'd love to learn bookbinding, leather working, wood working, more about knitting, glassworking, pottery... I could go on for days. XD
3) When did you discover you were creative? When I was a baby my mom painted ceramics. Apparently I wanted to help, so she gave me a rubber duck, a cup of water, and a brush. It worked until I figured out that it wasn't changing colors! My mom always encouraged us to be creative too.
4) Of all the things you do (craft wise) what do you most enjoy? Making plushies. (Like the Flying Spaghetti Monster over there!)
6) Name your top 5 places to shop on the web. Etsy, Amazon, buybuttonparts.com, Hancock Fabrics, and Sassy Bears and Fabrics (get most of the fabric for my plushies there!)
7) Do you listen to music when you work on your art / crafts? (if so, what kind?) I listen to music all the time, and in just about every genre! My playlist has pop, rock, metal, alternative, classical, techno, gothic techno, and even a little bit of rap and country. I also have Japanese, Romanian, Swedish, Korean, and Chinese music.
8) What is your favourite quote / mantra / creed at this moment? I can do anything I wish if I put my mind to it.
9) Who pushed you / had hard faith in your creative side most growing up? My mom.10) Has Etsy been a boon or bane for you? Sometimes it's both! LOL! I've made a lot of friends on Etsy that are great, and I've learned a lot too. It's great to have the confidence to make things and sell them! Plus I've sent a lot of my creations to all sorts of countries all over the world- this week I sent buttons to Switzerland- how cool is that?! Overall I love Etsy and it's been great for me. :)
Awesome! Thanks for sharing Liz!! Check out all Liz's awesome geekery at http://www.lizstaley.etsy.com/ !!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
(Steve In the Snow by bluedogrose.etsy.com )
An affordable way to collect original artwork or limited edition prints, ACEOs take up very little space. I have 2 wall frames that hold 8 ACEOs each and I rotate out pieces as I like. I also have two on easels on my tv console and a lovely photo album with the bulk of my collection in trading card sleeves.
So, if you love art of all kinds, but are on a tight budget or in tight quarters....or maybe you just like little things, ACEOs are for you! Please check out not only the artists mentioned here, but all the other amazingly talented people out there branching out into this fascinating medium. You'll be surprised at the amount of detail, and talent, you can squeeze into 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"!!!!