Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Regrets....I've had a few....






So....I'm back. Unemployed and trying to figure out a way to make a living doing what I really love.



Many many moons ago, I did FX makeup. That was a kickass job...but I ran into one obstacle after another. No car, (or license) no studio, moved to NOWHERE, and eventually...this was the kicker, ran out of steam.



Not a ton of work out there for a female zombie freak with delusions of death and carnage. 2 apprenticeships handed over to men later, and I pretty much bailed. THIS is a huge regret.



In no other aspect of my life have I EVER taken that kind of crap. I was convinced that the field was closed to women and instead of calling bullshit and plowing on ahead....I folded like oragami.



sigh



My creativity was what saved me every time I 'fell' and I couldn't even muster the cajones to be true to it.



BIG regret.



So here I am, forty-something and broke. Pimping my art and creativity to anyone who will deign to buy it.



Selling art of any kind during a 'recession' is NOT recommended my friends.



Selling art that deals mostly in zombies, cyber-surgeons, wasteland scavengers....well let's just say I'm hunting retail work in the spring.



You have to be famous to sell people nightmares.



I'm not famous.